|The basic requirements for Nursing Home Administrator licensure include:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have obtained a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Must complete OSBELTCA's Administrator University (AU) --fee is $2500
- Must complete an OSBELTCA approved Administrator-In-Training (AIT) internship -- fee is $350
- After completion of AU, you must pass the state standards exam (75% or better)
- After completion of AIT and having passed the state standards exam, you must pass the national exam (NAB's NHA exam) with a 75% or better score (113 is minimum passing)
- You understand that you are subject to criminal background checks at the beginning of the process and again prior to licensure
|THERE IS AN APPLICATION FEE OF $100 as well. The application is completed online by answering the questions -- do not skip any questions. You must answer them all.
|Additionally, and importantly, there are ADDITIONAL ITEMS YOU MUST UPLOAD into your file. These items are:
- A passport type photo (we are looking for a small 'headshot' view of your face). Actual passport photos may be obtained at Kinkos, Walgreens or locations that handle drivers licenses.
- Three (3) reference letters MUST be uploaded.
- A affidavit (downloadable through OSBELTCA's website through 'Forms and Fees':
- THIS MUST BE NOTARIZED BEFORE YOU UPLOAD IT
- - You MUST contact the school from which you received your degree and have them submit a certified transcript verifying a 4-year baccalaureate degree with date of degree awarded, directly to our office (we will put it in your record -- do not upload this yourself); have the school send it to us at:
OSBELTCA -- Attention: PAM
2401 NW 23rd St, Suit 62
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
| Links to the appropriate forms have been provided (above) but you will have to access them, fill them out (they are relatively simple), print them and have them notarized, scan them and upload them into the system.
|If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (405)522-1619.